Tutorial for using ASellerTool - Follow steps below to learn different featuresback to ASellerTool home
If you are new to ASellerTool, or you have not yet installed ASellerTool, click here to get started.
Tutorial for installing software
Video tutorial for installing software, section one
Video tutorial for installing software, section two
Tutorial for data downloading - If you have just received the package from us, or completed installation yourself.
To learn how to use the new listing tool comes with 5.1, click here
To setup cell phone scouting service with your PDA account, click here
To troubleshoot issues with using ASellertool program, click here
1. Get familiar with the main screen
2. Setup buying criterion.
We support up to 7 steps of minimum pricing and corresponding sales rank
combinations to trigger buying sound. You can choose your desired number
of steps from just 1 step to 7 steps pricing info. For example, if
you only need 5 steps of pricing, you can fill up the first 5 rows and leave
the last 2 rows empty.
As an example, with price settings like the screenshot below, you will get a buy signal when you scan an item with following prices:
(1) Price = $3.55, ranking = 5000, OR (2) Price = $6.62, ranking = 250,000, OR (3) price = $41.25, ranking = 0 (No ranking)
You will get a reject signal, when you scan an item with following prices:
(1) Price = $3.55, ranking = 60,000, OR (2) Price = $6.62, ranking = 500,000, OR (3) price = $34.25, ranking = 0 (No ranking)
You can setup multiple pricing templates. To setup a new pricing template, click on "Crit 2" , input your pricing structure, and click "Save" button. To switch back to "Crit 1", tap on "Pricing" from "start menu", click on "Crit 1", and click "Save" button.
3. Real-time price check with live lookup
4. Title search for PRE-ISBN books
PART I - Download title search data
BEFORE downloading, follow two steps in screen 3.1 and 3.2 below to enable downloading "title search data".
|Screen 3.1||Screen 3.2|
AFTER completing the two steps above, do a data download.
PART II - Searching by title
- Use the keypad that comes with Microsoft Pocket PC to type the title you want to search.
(To open the Pocket PC keypad, click on the little "keybaord icon" in the bottom middle of the PDA screen)
- Whenever you tap "space", or "enter" on the keypad, your search will be refined.
- Follow steps in screen 3.3 and 3.4 below:
In Screen 3.3 below, user types the word "good", and then tap "space". It returns 10+ titles that start with the word "good".
In Screen 3.4 below, user types the word "day", after the word "good" and the empty space, and then tap "enter". Search result is refined to display only titles that start with "good day"
- In Screen 3.3, the first record returned is "Goodbye--Willia--1967".
"Goodbye" is the title of the book. "Willia" is the author. We only return the first 6 characters of author name. "1967" is the publication year
- After finding the record that matches the title, author and publication year, click on the record , and the screen will switch to the "local" view, which display the pricing info.
- To switch back from "local" view back to "title search" , minimize the keyboard by clicking the keyboard icon, and then tap on "Title Search"
|Screen 3.3||Screen 3.4|
5. Tap NUM button to show big numeric keyboard to allow to type ISBN number easily in case there is no barcode on the book
NOTE: You do NOT need to type "X". If an ISBN end with "X", just type the first 9 digits.
6. Get familiar with item condition displayed in the result
From the screen-shot below, you will see the letters "V G L" displayed at the right bottom corner.
Each symbol represents the item condition used by Amazon.
Here is the mapping:
L - Like New
V - Very Good
G - Good
A - Acceptable
7. Get familiar with sound notification and voice cue
The first time you scan a barcode
, you will get a sound notification indicating whether it is a "good buy" or not
, according to the "buying criterion" you set on Step 1 above
The second time you scan a barcode , you will hear a voice cue reading (1) the lowest price (could be either "Used" or "New", whichever is lower), and (2) sales ranking
With version 4.2 upgrade, from the "Setting" menu , you will be able to configure the program to read (1) the lowest new price, or (2) Title. See below:
8. Get familiar with "Pricing Trigger"
Before 4.2 upgrade, buy/reject signal are determined solely by the lowest price trggier. With 4.2 upgrade, we provide a total of 8 different triggers that you can set. Please click here to see the full tutorial of pricing triggers.