You cannot use the same user ID on two phones at the same time. However, our system does allow you to move your account to another phone or PDA automatically under certain conditions.
Please follow the instructions below to see if you can transfer your account to your new device automatically:
- Install the software on your new device.
- PDA: If you have a Dell X51/X51V PDA, clone our software here. If you have another PDA, manually install the software here. Please setup your account on all of your SD cards with this new PDA before you download the database to the SD card.
- iPhone – go to “App Store”, Android – go to “Google Play”, then search Scoutly.
- Start the app on your new device, then enter your current user ID and password in Account screen.
- If you are a subscriber to a Professional plan, do a database download. If you are a subscriber to a Lite plan, do a live search.
- If the database download or live search is successful on your new device, then the transfer is complete and you can use your new phone. Beware that you can NO longer use your old device. If you continue to use your old phone, you will get an error.
If our system does not allow you to transfer automatically, please follow the instructions below:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Enter Change Device Request as the subject.
- In the content, please provide your user ID and a briefly describe the reason you’re switching to another device.
- If you paid $20 for the immediate transfer, please also include your PayPal email.
- If you haven’t yet paid the $20 fee, please request that we send you an invoice with your PayPal email so we can initiate the transfer as soon as possible.
- After receiving a reply from our tech support that a transfer is allowed, see steps 3 and 4 from above to make sure the transfer is complete.
Here’s an example of an email you might send: