FBAScan supports 4 operating modes to search items.
- DB: (Database Only) The program will only search from the local database on the phone. No Internet is required, so the result is returned instantly. If you sign up for the standard plan, please use this mode.
- NF: (Database + Live Search on Not Found item) If the item is not found in the local database, the program will automatically do a live search on all Amazon items. If you sign up for the professional plan and want to quickly find the items worth to resell, please use this mode. You can always use live search (LV mode) to do more research on the selected items later.
- MR: (Database + Live Search on Not Found or Buy) If the item is not found or is signaled as ‘Buy’ based on the trigger, the program will automatically do a live search to get current information. If you sign up for the professional plan and have time to make sure the items worth to resell, please use this mode.
- LV: (Live Search Only) The program will only do live search. If you sign up for the lite plan, please use this mode.
To set the operating mode, follow the instructions below. Video is here.
- Tap the ‘Menu’ icon on the top left of the screen to open the Menu.
- Tap ‘Operating Mode’ from the Menu and select a mode from the list
You can also tap the magnifying glass icon to do a live search on the current item.
Recommended Operating Mode:
|Media (fast scout)||LV||DB||DB or NF|
|Media (smooth scout)||LV||NF||NF|
|Everything (fast scout)||LV||X||NF|
|Everything (smooth scout)||LV||X||MR|
If you scout for non media items, we recommend you sign up for a professional plan.
Fast Scout: Allows you to spend less time to scout. If you need to do more research on selected items, set mode to LV and check on the selected items before you buy.
Smooth Scout: Allows you to find items worth to resell without checking again in LV mode. It will be slower than “Fast Scout”.