If you have a Scanfob scanner from SerialIO, you can connect the scanner to the phone with Serial Magic Gears.
- Print out the SPP Quickstart Guide from https://serialio.com/support.
- Install and then open Serial Magic Gears on your phone.
- Hold down the small button on the Scanfob scanner until the blue light starts blinking rapidly. Release the button, and wait for your scanner name to appear under ‘Bluetooth devices’ in the Wizard.
- Tap the scanner name, and then tap ‘OK’ when asked if you would like to pair the scanner to the phone.
- The scanner will beep once to indicate that it’s connected. You swipe the arrow icon (A) left until you are at the last screen, then tap ‘Apply Settings’.’
- Test that the scanner can scan inside Serial Magic Gears app.
- Open FBAScan and scan items into the program.
To reconnect the scanner to the phone, Open Serial Magic Gears, hold down the large button on the scanner until the blue light starts blinking, and then tap on the scanner on the first page of the wizard; the scanner will connect automatically.