Please follow the video below to learn how to connect your Socket 8Ci or S800 scanner to your phone. If your scanner was connected to another phone before, you need to disconnect the scanner from that phone first by turning off the Bluetooth on the phone, then scan the factory reset barcode. Instruction is below.
- Disable the Bluetooth on the phone that is connecting to your scanner, by going to Settings -> Bluetooth and switch it off. After this, the scanner is disconnected from the phone and ready to scan the factory reset barcode.
- Power on the scanner.
- Press and hold the trigger button (the big button)
- Press and release the power button (the small button)
- Wait ~15 seconds until you hear a beep
- Release the trigger button
- You will hear a series of beeps and the scanner will turn itself off. When you power it on, it will be in a factory fresh state.