Issue: Your Socket scanner adds letters “A” or “L” to every scanned barcode.
You need to perform a factory reset on your scanner by following steps below:
Solution 1: Socket CF Scanner
- Download the instructions here
- Print out and scan the 2nd barcode to perform a factory reset on your scanner.
- You now need to configure the scanner’s symbology. Check *EAN Boolkand” symbology in Socket Symbology Selector by following this video.
- Pull the scanner gently from the PDA and insert again to finish.
- Scan some items to make sure the scanner is now working properly.
Solution 2: Socket Bluetooth Version 2 Scanner
If the scanner still gives you issue after the steps above, you may consider buying another scanner #3 or #4 at http://www.asellertool.com/packages.html
Thanks for your feedback.