Critical Amazon Game Changing Policy and ASellerTool Scouting Programs Now Return LANDED Price.
Background: Shipping cost for merchant-fulfilled (Non-FBA) items were used to be a fixed $3.99. For example, an item with $4 list price and $3.99 shipping will have the total price of $7.99 for buyer to pay.
Now Amazon has a game changing policy to allow sellers to set any shipping cost or Free Shipping. So when we see a list price of $4, we do not know the actual total selling price.
Before: $4 + $3.99 = $7.99 So $4 list price was worth to buy.
Now: $4 + custom shipping cost =?? Is $4 list price still worth to buy as before? The simple answer is No and the reason is below:
- If seller sets $3.99 shipping cost, then the total price is $7.99
- If seller sets $1 shipping cost, then the total price is $5
- If seller offers free shipping, then the total price is $4 (If you still use $3.99 as shipping, you have to list this item as 1 cents in order to match with that $4 with free shipping in total price.)
By definition, we call “total price” as LANDED price (List Price + Shipping Cost). Based on the examples above, list price alone can no longer be used to tell if an item is worth to resell or not.
As a result, older FBAScan version which only returns List Price, is not good enough to let you interpret the true market value of the item and your profit.
For smartphone users, please install FBAScan version 7.1 and above from App store. Version 7.1 will return LANDED price (List Price + Shipping Cost).
Adjust triggers for landed price.
For FBAScan users, you need to tap reset button to have the new minimum price in basic trigger to be used against landed price. You also need to change the minimum price in basic trigger by following this video.
For PDA users, you need to change the minimum price in basic trigger by following this video. Also check Ignore FBA Offers option, as FBA price will deduct $4 before comparing with MF offers. If you need to consider FBA offers in triggers, then please switch to our FBAScan app on the smartphone.
Still want to use list price?
- FBAScan Lite Plan: Enable Menu -> Settings -> Use list price
- PDA Database: Uninstall the PC downloader version 11 from your computer, then install PC downloader version 10 here
- Android Database: Uninstall the current one, then download the FBAScan version 6.5 here.
- iPhone Database: Not able to revert back to old version.