FAQ & Troubleshooting on using PDA Database Sourcing
What is the difference between a Soft Reset and a Hard Reset?
- A Soft Reset will only reboot the PDA and nothing else, and after reboot will return you to the PDA home screen. Majority of issues or error messages could be cured by simply performing a soft-reset.
- A Hard Reset will reset the PDA back to factory defaults thing. This will erase everything on your PDA. After reboot the Align Screen wll load. ALL programs will need to be re-installed after hard-reset
- How to perform a soft reset on your PDA:
- If you are using a Dell Axim X50 & X51, you need to insert a stylus into the small hole on the back of the PDA above the battery to Soft Reset:
- If you are using a HP iPAQ you need to insert a stylus into the small hole on bottom of PDA to Soft Reset: