If you want to scan items very quickly, you need to download the database onto your phone, which is available on our $35 Professional Plan. The lite plan only has a Live Search, not Database. This will allow the app to check the price without having to access the Internet, then return the information in less than a second. When you use the database, barcode scanner, and audio cue all together, you can quickly go through the items with much less work.
There are two ways to access the download screen: from dashboard or menu.
- Access the download screen from the dashboard.
- Open Scoutly to access the Dashboard.
- Tap Download Database icon (1) to go to the database screen.
- Select the country you will be scouting in (2).
- Select download options (3). If you only sell books, then select Book and other media.
- Tap the Start button (4). Keep the download screen on until the download is complete.
- Access the download screen from the Menu.
- Tap the menu icon (1)
- Tap Download (2).
- On the download screen, (3) is the creation time of the current database on your phone.
- Select the country you will be scanning in (4).
- You can choose to download the media and/or the non-media database (5).
- The progress bar (6) shows you the download progress, estimated time to finish, and current download speed. If it takes longer than the screen is showing here, run Google’s Internet speed test* and contact your Internet provider if your Internet speed is too slow.
- You can tap the Start/Stop button (7) at any time to start or stop the download.
- After the download finishes, tap the Close button (8) to go back to the main screen.
- Download status is displayed at (9).