- From your phone, go to Settings -> Bluetooth, then disable Bluetooth on your phone. This will make sure the scanner is Not connected to the phone during the factory reset or configuration of the scanner.
- Turn on your scanner, print the HID barcode below, and scan it.
- Turn on the Bluetooth and Connect the scanner to your phone. Navigate to Settings -> Bluetooth. Turn the Bluetooth and search device. If you find the device’s name starting with OPN in the device list, tap it to connect.
For a complete document on HID connection, please see page 2 here.
Before scanning the command barcodes to configure your scanner, make sure you turn off the Bluetooth on your phone first, so the Bluetooth scanner can disconnect from the phone successfully.
- After scanning a barcode, Scoutly does not show the pricing info. You need to configure the scanner to add a “CR” after each scanning. You can scan step 5 on the 2nd page of the scanner document add a CR suffix. By default, the scanner should remember this configuration. If you keep doing it, or the scanner still does not add a CR suffix, then the scanner is defective.
- Turn off the beeping sound from the scanner: Scan the “Scanfob® 2006 Beep OFF” barcode on the 2nd page of the scanner document.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.