- Go to Settings -> Bluetooth*from your phone, then disable Bluetooth on your phone. This will ensure the scanner is *Not connected to the phone during the factory reset or configuration of the scanner.
- Please turn on your scanner, print the HID barcode below, and scan it.
- Turn on the Bluetooth and Connect the scanner to your phone. Navigate to Settings -> Bluetooth. Turn the Bluetooth and search the device. If you find the device’s name starting with OPN in the device list, tap it to connect.
For a complete document on HID connection, please see page 2 here.
Before scanning the command barcodes to configure your scanner, make sure you turn off the Bluetooth on your phone first, so the Bluetooth scanner can disconnect from the phone successfully.
- Add CR after each scan. After scanning a barcode, Scoutly does not show the pricing info. After each scanning, you need to configure the scanner to add a “CR” after each scanning. You can scan step 5 on the 2nd page of the scanner document add a CR suffix. By default, the scanner should remember this configuration. If you keep doing it, or the scanner still does not add a CR suffix, the scanner is defective.
- Turn off the beeping sound from the scanner. Scan the “Scanfob® 2006 Beep OFF” barcode on the 2nd page of the scanner document.