As a bookseller, there are several good reasons to utilize BuyBack pricing info to increase your profit:
- When you are restricted by Amazon to sell a certain book (happen more often to a new seller account), you can choose to sell it to a BuyBack company at a fair price, .
- BuyBack prices are sometimes comparable, or just slightly lower than the net profit (after all the fees) that you can make by selling on Amazon.
- Buyback companies offer cash for a lot of popular titles with relatively low selling prices. If you are a gayload buyer or do a bag sale at libraries, then your cost per book is several pennies. You can easily make a profit of 50 cents per book on average from those popular titles by selling them to a buyback company.
Scoutly returns the top 3 buyback offers among multiple companies for a given item. You can choose to enable or disable this information on the Scout screen.
How to enable buyback offers:
- In Scoutly’s Menu -> Settings, check the box next to “Wholesale Integration” (1) to see buyback offers in the Scout screen.
- After you scan an item, Scoutly search through multiple BuyBack companies, and return up to 3 highest offers. (2). Then you can tap on the offer price to navigate to the buyback company’s website to add to the cart.
You may see up to three boxes and each box is labeled with the abbreviation of the BuyBack company’s name (e.g. “Z” for Ziffit). After you tap the price inside the box of the BuyBack company, the app will navigate to the company’s website and add this book to the cart. Then you can place that book inside a shipment box for that company.
- If the app returns “N/A” (4), that means Scoutly currently does not have BuyBack information for this item yet. If it is a popular title (“Days w/ Sales” > 10), we suggest you to tap the “bookscouter” icon from our app to manually check for BuyBack offers.
- If the App returns “No offer” (5), that means no BuyBack company is interested in this book. If it is a popular title, you can check it again after a week.
Buyback vendors list:
|Short Name||Full Name|
Need more help with this?
If you have any questions this tutorial doesn't answer, please contact us here!