When the book has a barcode, you can use a scanner or camera to scan the barcode. If you only find the ISBN, you use the camera OCR option to scan the ISBN. You can use the title scan feature if you can not see the barcode or ISBN.
Scan the cover page first. Steps to scan the title:
- Scan the book spine as it has a neater font and less background “noise.”
- Scan the title page inside the book. The white background will allow the camera to recognize the text quickly.
- Select the Title option in the Scan screen.
- Place the title inside the viewfinder. It is best to scan the title inside the book, not from the book cover.
- Select the best title from the result list.
- Scoutly will perform a title search. Select the correct item, and Scoutly will display the pricing info.
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.