When the book has a barcode, you can use a scanner or camera to scan the barcode. If you can find the ISBN number, you can use the camera OCR option to scan the ISBN number. If you can not find either the barcode or ISBN number, then you can use the camera OCR title scan feature.
Steps to scan the title:
- Scan the cover page first.
- Scan the book spine as it has a neater font and less background “noise”
- Scan the title page inside the book. The white background will allow the camera to recognize the text much more easily.
- Select the Title option in the Scan screen.
- Place the title inside the viewfinder. It is best to scan the title inside the book, not from the book cover.
- Select the best title from the result list.
- Scoutly will perform a title search. Select the correct item and Scoutly will display the pricing info.