Dell Axim X51/X51V PDAs do not officially support SD cards larger than 2GB. Cards larger than 2GB are called SDHC cards.
There is, however, software that allows your PDA to read SDHC cards. Since this software is not officially supported by Dell, please use it at your own risk.
Video showing you how to copy the driver to your SD card. Please make sure you use a 2GB or smaller SD card to initally install this software, so your PDA can recognize the card and be able to install the software.
Video instructions on installing the software to your PDA.
Steps to follow
- Download the software here.
- Copy the cab file to an SD card (Must be less or equal to 2GB, otherwise your PDA cannot read it)
- Insert the SD card to your PDA
- Follow the instruction on your PDA to install this software
- Your PDA should be now able to read a database from an SDHC card.
Need more help with this?
If you have any questions this tutorial doesn't answer, please contact us here!