Critical Amazon Game Changing Policy: ASellerTool Scouting Programs Now Return LANDED Price.
Background: Shipping cost for merchant-fulfilled (Non-FBA) items used to be a fixed $3.99. For example, an item with a $4 list price and $3.99 shipping will have a total price of $7.99 for a buyer to pay.
Now Amazon has implemented a game-changing policy to allow sellers to set their own shipping cost, including Free Shipping. So when we see a list price of $4, we do not know the actual total selling price.
Before: $4 + $3.99 = $7.99 So $4 list price was worth it to buy.
Now: $4 + custom shipping cost =?? $4 list price will not be worth to buy if the seller offers free shipping or any other low-cost shipping like $1.
- If the seller sets $3.99 shipping cost, then the total price is $7.99, worth to buy.
- If the seller sets $1 shipping cost, then the total price is $5, not worth to buy.
- If the seller offers free shipping, then the total price is $4 (If you still use $3.99 as shipping and buy it based on $4 list price, you will have to list this item as 1 cent to match with that $4 with free shipping in the total price.)
By definition, we define “Total Price” as LANDED price (List Price + Shipping Cost). Based on the examples above, the list price alone can no longer be used to tell if an item is worth reselling or not. It would help if you switched to use landed price to decide to buy an item to resell or not.
As a result, older Scoutly versions which return only List Price do not have the ability to let you interpret the true market value of an item and your profit.
For smartphone users, install Scoutly version 7 or above from the App store. Version 7 will return the LANDED price (List Price + Shipping Cost).
Adjust triggers for landed price.
Scoutly users: you need to tap the reset button to have the new minimum price in the basic trigger to be used against landed price. You can also change the minimum price in the basic trigger by following this video.
PDA users: you need to change the minimum price in the basic trigger by following this video. Also check Ignore FBA Offers option, as FBA price will deduct $4 before comparing with MF offers. If you need to consider FBA offers in triggers, then please switch to our Scoutly app on the smartphone.
Still, want to use list price?
- Android Database: Uninstall the current one, then download the Scoutly app here.
- iPhone Database: Not revert to old version however you can still see List pricing through a live search. Adjust your settings to “Use List Price (LV Only).”
- PDA users: Uninstall the PC downloader version 11 from your computer, then install PC downloader version 10 here