FBAScan supports 4 operating modes to search items:
- The program will only search from the local database on the phone. No Internet is required, so the result is returned instantly.
- (Database + Live Search on Not Found item) If the item is not found in the local database, the program will automatically do a live search on all Amazon items.
- : (Database + Live Search on Not Found or Buy) If the item is not found or is signaled as ‘Buy’ based on the trigger (section 4.8 and 4.9), the program will automatically do a live search to get current information.
- (Live Search Only) The program will always do a live search.
To set the Operating Mode:
- Double tap the screen or the ‘Menu’ icon on the top left of the screen to open the Menu.
- Tap ‘Operating Mode’ from the Menu and select a mode from the list.
If you mainly search for media items, we recommend setting the mode to ‘DB’ or ‘NF’.
If you search for both media and non media items, we recommend setting the mode to ‘NF’.
Optionally, you can use mode ‘LV’ to review the items you set aside before buying.